Importance of Employer Branding
Typically, when we think of the word “branding” we look at aspects like company logo and messaging and how it's perceived by the consumer, but “employer branding” is a little different.
“Employer branding is simply a company’s reputation as an employer and the value it brings or what it offers to their employees.” (Reference)
So when a company has positive employer branding, it increases the attraction and longevity of employers in order to help keep the company alive and growing.
Below are some examples of how you can increase your employer branding and why it’s important.
1. It can impact the quality of candidates that apply. The more professional your brand is, the more likely you’ll get top candidates interested in working at your company.
2. By making your onboarding and orientation process smooth, candidates are more likely to feel comfortable starting a new position at your company. In addition, providing training opportunities will give candidates the confidence they are getting ongoing support at your company.
3. Candidates are more likely to apply and stay with your company if they know there is room for growth and advancement into positions with more responsibility.
4. Keeping candidates in the loop by frequently communicating with them will make them feel more connected to the company whether it’s an update about a new employee, adjustments to processes, etc.
5. Asking your employees for feedback on the business will also make them feel more valuable and appreciated at your company.
You can also watch President of Toronto Entrepreneurs Marc Belaiche’s YouTube video for more tips here.
Looking to hire top GTA talent? Your Advantage Awaits at Guhuza.com! Learn more about our new revolutionary recruiting platform here.