Tips on Prospecting for Clients
Updated: Dec 2, 2020
Every organization needs revenue in one form or another to survive. Below we have some tips on how to prospect for potential customers or clients for your business.
1. Understand who your client or customer is. Research what type of product or service they are looking for and at what price.
2. Think about the best way you can reach your prospects. There are many ways you can do this such as posting on social media, sending out email blasts or newsletters, chatting over the phone, or an in-person meeting (or virtual ZOOM meeting amid COVID-19). The key is to find something that works for your industry and client base and be prepared to do some trial and error to find the best process.
3. Carefully craft your elevator pitch. Think about the image you want to portray about your company. How would you like your Sales Representatives to describe your organization when meeting with potential clients?
4. Understand your competition. Research other companies you are competing with and study what kind of clients they’re servicing and how they are prospecting them.
5. Use social media to gather leads. For example, look at your current clients and who they’re following and interacting with on social media. These other organizations could potentially be a good fit for your product or service.
6. Make your website more interactive. In addition to placing the most important information for your clients and potential clients on the main page of your website, you can add other features like a chat to service your prospects more.
For more tips you can check out President of TorontoEntrepreneurs.ca Marc Belaiche, CPA, CA discuss this topic here.
You can also check out our Toronto Entrepreneurs Conference & Tradeshow YouTube Channel for more.
Want to attend one of our virtual events? Click here for our listing.